Directions for use:
- Clean the wound and the area where the bandage is to be placed.
- Treat wound if necessary.
- Remove bandage from sterile packaging.
- Peel the smaller piece of backing tape from the back of the bandage.
- Place the peeled, adhesive section of the bandage against the leg or body, ensure the wound dressing pad covers the wound.
- Remove the larger section of the backing tape while wrapping the bandage around the leg or injured area while applying a small amount of even pressure.
- When you finish applying the bandage, rub the bandage with your fingers/hand to create friction to ensure that the glue in the bandage is activated and adheres properly, paying particular attention to where the bandage finishes.
- Best results are achieved if the bandage is changed every 3-4 days.
Essential Wrap can be used to effectively bandage and dress the wounds of small to large animals, including (but not limited to):
For information about wound care, please consult with your local veterinarian for expert advice.
Essential Wrap is a very flexible and durable wound dressing, which can help to overcome common issues associated with traditional bandaging, such as pinched tendons, restricted movement and bandage burns.
Essential Wrap can bandage common areas such as tendons, cannon bones, fetlocks and pasterns, however its innovation lies in the ability to bandage difficult and often impossible areas such as:
- Coronet bands
- Flat surfaces: Hindquarters, necks, and shoulders